Direct Support Professional
Full time and Part time positions available
Pay Rate: $13-$13.50 per hour
A Direct Support Professional assists an individual with a disability to lead a self-directed life and contribute to the community, assists with activities of daily living if needed, and encourages attitudes and behaviors that enhance community inclusion.
1. Maximize development of skills and behaviors necessary for the individual to be an active participant in the community
2. Include activities that are relevant to the development of the individual, self-awareness, and for the development of meaningful personal relationships with individuals of any ability in inclusive settings and communities
3. Involve age-appropriate activities
4. Display dignity and respect for the individual and his/her rights and choices
5. Are provided in settings where the individual’s participation is encouraged, and are based upon the individual’s strengths, capabilities, interests, needs and preferences
6. Improve or enhance the individual’s independence
7. Are provided in accordance with the Individualized Service Plan, Habilitation Plan, safeguards, and goals
8. Submit timely accurate documentation consistently within 24-48 hours of completed services and monthly documentation by the 4th of the following month.
High School Diploma or GED and one year of experience working with Developmentally Disabled persons. Associates Degree preferred or a combination of education and experience which, in the judgment of the employer equals the above standards.
Have and maintain a clean and current NYS New York State driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle; must have good writing skills; must have the ability to work flexible schedules.
If interested, please complete an application online and submit a current resume to: